Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Beautiful people #1: My family

I can't dedicate a blog to beautiful people without talking about my family first.

They love me unconditionally, and I would do anything for them. We are a very tight knit group; even with three kids in college next year, my parents will still have all four kids living at home! I love it. I love how sometimes we will crowd around my laptop and laugh at Brian Regan until my dad starts crying from laughing so hard. I love how we all love food and eat dinner together every night. I love how we spend every summer Sunday evening on the front porch, dishing out homemade ice cream to neighbors and friends who "happen" to walk by. I love my family's adventurous spirit, like when we were in Maine and shocked everyone bundled up in coats as we swam in the frigid ocean. I love that we have all become huge Ute fans over the years, that the Amazing Race has become a top family priority, and that we drive a fleet of junker cars so that we can afford family vacations together. I love that my family motivates me to be the best person I can be.

Basically, I wish that our family could stay close forever, that none of us ever had to move away to Law school or get married and only see each other a couple of times a year. But those days are coming closer, and so I will just have to enjoy seeing them every day while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment