Thursday, June 9, 2011

Beautiful Person #2: My Dad

I plan to use this blog to give credit to the important things in my life; well, my family means so much to me that they deserve more credit than just one post. I want to tell a little about each of them.

Let's start with the head honcho.

When I was little, we would start road trips very early in the morning so that the family could sleep in the back of our VW Vanagon he drove south. As soon as I woke up, I would slip up to the front seat and my dad and I would watch the purple and orange sunrise together and spit sunflower seeds in silence. I think this was the start of our very great friendship.

My dad is the one who has taught me that I'll never regret doing something adventurous. I have so much fun with him, whether I am biking to the top of Emigration with him and throwing up all over myself, or we are racing down the Swiss Alps on our skis.

He won't buy us cable television, or flat screen tvs; we've never owned a video game, and all our cars are junkers. But he will bribe us to swim in mountain lakes and play chess and read books and go for runs.

Basically, he's rad.

No comments:

Post a Comment