Thursday, June 9, 2011

Beautiful Person #3: Mich

Well, I am actually going to skip my family for a moment to give a shout out to one of my favorite people in the world, who turns 21 today: Michelle!

I feel like I have known Michelle for my whole life, but we only met in college through our sorority beta. There are some people that I feel come into my life for a reason, and Michelle is definitely one of them.

Here are a few reasons why I love this girl:

1: She laughs all. the. time. Not in the "I want attention" way, but in the way that makes everyone around her feel loved, comfortable, and, well, hysterical.

2: She has been willing many times to stay up late editing my papers for me.

3: She has a mean fashion sense.

4: We are basically the same person. Favorite book, favorite movies... we are constantly finding out more and more things that we have in common.

5: Michelle wants to have fun. Last summer I decided I wanted to go with Mich to New York over fall break, and started looking in to the possibility. I didn't mention this to Michelle, so I was shocked when I had a voicemail from her saying we should go to New York together! (We thought it was a sign we would find our spouses there... didn't happen). Still, it was a wonderful trip, and I love that when Michelle wants to do something fun, she does it!

6: Sometimes I call her Grandma Michelle, and she doesn't mind.

7: Michelle is very wise. She gives great advice and will listen to me for hours. (She even advises me on what songs I should listen to... "You are in charge of the iPod, Gail, so long as you choose Halo by Beyonce.")

8: She tips well. (She is very generous.)

9: Mich genuinely wants to be everyone's friend. And people love her for it and consider her to be a friend in return. You should have seen the number of people who showed up to her surprise party last weekend: they all have benefited from Michelle's sweetness and friendship.

10: Michelle simply radiates the light of Christ. She spends every moment of her life enriching someone else's.

Happy Birthday to my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment